How to Refresh Your Space on a Budget
Knowing how to refresh your space on a budget is important to helping you give your whole house a spring refresh without breaking the bank. Check out our tips!
We all know the challenges that come with designing on a budget. With other important life expenses to consider, from groceries to the unexpected, it can seem like a stretch to do everything you actually want to do. While it can seem restrictive, there are lots of things that can be done on a budget.
Ideally, your budget would be the sky as the limit, but for most people that’s simply not realistic, which means when it comes to home improvements following a tight budget is key. Luckily, it’s easy to refresh your space on a budget, especially when you follow our tips. We offer budget-friendly options that anyone can do, making this a simple DIY room refresh.
What you opt to do for the refresh may depend on the room you’re tackling. We’ll break down budget-friendly options per room, that way you can easily revamp several rooms or find ideas for the one room you’re tackling this time.
Refreshing your kitchen space doesn’t have to cost hundreds or thousands of dollars. You can make cabinets look new by simply replacing the hardware. In fact, here are several budget-friendly kitchen refresh options:
- Add accent wallpaper. You can add it to the backsplash area, the refrigerator, the pantry, or even as an accent in your kitchen cabinets.
- Refresh the hardware. This is a quick and fairly inexpensive way to update your kitchen and give your cabinets a whole new appearance.
- Add new towels and rugs. This is an inexpensive way to freshen up the room without spending too much money.
- Add a new lighting fixture. We’ll admit, this is probably more towards the upper end of a budget but can transform a kitchen.
We don’t often think about the laundry room as an important place to redecorate or renovate, but you can easily transform a laundry room with very little effort and make it a beautiful space to spend time in. Whether we like it or not, laundry is always waiting to be done.
- Add a shelf or two. Wooden shelves can add a beautiful appeal to a laundry room that has either wire shelving or bare walls. You’ll also give yourself extra storage space, which is never a bad thing.
- Create an accent wall with bright wallpaper. Laundry rooms can always use a little brightening up, so choosing a bright and fun wallpaper can be just what your room needs. Pick bright fruit options or even a mural of the beach so you can go to your happy place while folding laundry.
- Add little décor pieces. Incorporating nice candles or objects can bring the room to life.
Another small space that can have a big difference made with just a few small changes.
- Add floating shelving to the walls. This is good to put over the toilet area for storing extra towels or even to put some candles and flowers to brighten up the room.
- Add an accent wallpaper. Because it is the bathroom, you don’t want to put wallpaper on every wall, but putting it on one will be the perfect addition of something bright.
- Update hardware. This can help bathroom cabinets that look a little worn take on a new appearance.
- Paint the cabinet. If your cabinets have seen better days, give it a fresh look with a coat of paint. This will completely transform the room while still staying on budget. And it’s a lot less of a project with one cabinet or two than tackling several in the kitchen.
Completely update the best room in the house with a few changes here and there.
- Get a new duvet cover or comforter. Choose a fresh bright color that will breathe fresh air into the room.
- Add a wallpaper accent wall. Another option is to incorporate Wall Decals for added color and interest which is also less permanent. Wall Decals are a great option if you are renting a home and can’t permanently update the walls.
- Rearrange the furniture. All a room needs sometimes is to have the furniture shifted around so you can place everything in a different flow. It’ll keep the room feeling fresh and new, without spending a penny.
We’ve always felt that it’s easier than people think to renovate a room and breathe new life into it. These budget-friendly suggestions will help you do just that, without breaking the bank. Additionally, some of these changes can be done for under $50!
For more quick and easy design tips, check out this article by Redfin.