Peel & Stick Wallpaper Install Instructions
Thoroughly clean your walls with a damp cloth and allow to dry completely before beginning your wallpaper installation.
**While our Anywhere Peel & Stick Wallpaper can be used on any wall surface, our Eco Peel & Stick Wallpaper adheres best to glossy or satin paint. If you need to paint your walls with glossy or satin paint, please allow the paint to cure for one week prior to installation.
Fully inspect your wallpaper to be sure you have the full amount needed before making any cuts or installing.
For best results you will need a level, measuring tape, blue painters tape, X-Acto knife, scissors, and wrap squeegee.
If you’re wallpapering an entire room rather than an accent wall, we suggest starting at a doorway or least visible corner so the end seam is minimally visible. If you’re installing an accent wall, you can start from either end.
1. It’s crucial that your starting line be straight. You can use a plumb bob, but we suggest using a level and removable painters tape as a guide.
2. Peel paper from backing about 12 inches. Line the edge up with the tape guide. Make sure to give 1-2 inches' overlap on the ceiling and corners to allow for trimming later. Often times walls are not perfectly straight, so use your guide for the most accuracy.
3. Line up the edge of the wallpaper along the edge of the tape and gently adhere the paper to the wall. Use the tape as a guide to ensure the wallpaper goes on straight. Work out any air bubbles.
4. Once you’re happy with the placement, peel backing down another 18” inches while holding the roll taut and away from the wall.
5. Starting from the center and working out towards the edges, use the squeegee to smooth out the wallpaper. Work your way down using a horizontal motion, smoothing out any air bubbles that may form.
6. When you reach the floor, leave some overlap to be trimmed later. Use the squeegee to work down any corners. You can remove the painters tape if you’re happy with the install.
7. With the second panel, peel paper backing about 12” inches as before. Line up the panels to make a seamless repeat. Depending on your space, you can work left to right, or vice versa. Repeat steps 3-6.
8. Once all panels are installed, use an X-acto blade to trim overhanging material on corners, floors, and ceilings.
Tag us in your install photos @astek_home! #MyAstekHome
Questions? Contact us — we're here to help! firstname.lastname@example.org | 866.960.3030 | astekhome.com